Friday, January 13, 2012

Demo Coverage: Asura's Wrath

"What's an Asura's Wrath", you may be asking - well, Asura's Wrath is one of those games that comes out of nowhere, but it's got the Capcom seal of approval (note: be prepared to buy several expansion packs that cost an additional $40-60 each), so maybe it has a chance of being good, right? Well, Capcom's track record as of late hasn't exactly been too consistent. I liked Street Fighter 4 and Marvel VS Capcom 3, but wasn't very appreciative of them milking them to death. I wasn't too big on Resident Evil 5 because it didn't even feel like Resident Evil at that point - oh, and if you're going to make an action game, please let the player move AND shoot, and save the stationary shooting for your actual survival horror games? Thank you in advance, Capcom. They cancelled Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3 since Keiji Inafune (the man behind Mega Man) left Capcom. Well, let's see if Asura's Wrath can bring a smile to my face whenever I think of Capcom...


What has potential to work:
The QTEs could actually work very well in its favor, as it delivers a cinematic edge that Ninja Blade delivered. It could make for an engaging experience to watch and play.
The gameplay seems simple enough to draw you in, and I am hoping that it expands on this as Asura transforms into several different forms. Hopefully.

What may not work:
It doesn't seem to have much in the way of gameplay. Seriously, if I want a movie, I'll buy a movie, not a video game. Bloody crooks.
When it does have gameplay... I just get the feeling that it'll be a little too simple to keep you engaged.


Will I buy it?
I don't know. Between Soul Calibur 5 and Max Payne 3... well, it depends on how much time I'll be spending with the former, and that's if I don't buy Final Fantasy XIII-2 (which will be covered shortly in this blog). This seems like one of those "spur of the moment" types... if I have a lot of money on me, I'll spare a few dollars on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment